Graduate Student Summer School Funding
We’re pleased to announce that effective July 2018 the Linguistics Department will fund a summer school/summer institute for PhD students up to $1500.
Not so fine print
- This funding is independent of your annual conference travel allowance.
- It is a one-time deal. You will be funded (up to the $1500 limit) for one summer school/institute during your graduate student career. This includes costs for fees, travel fare, lodging & food.
- The eligibility period begins the summer preceding your 2nd year (your MA year) through the summer preceding your 5th year. (For budgeting purposes we must follow the fiscal, not academic year which begins in July.)
- This funding is available only to students in good standing (satisfactory time to degree progress).
- This means, among other things, that you will not be eligible for funding at the end of your 2nd year (MA year) if you have not submitted your MA paper to the department.
- Funding is subject to the annual departmental budget. (viz., we can’t fund 30 summer school applications in one year.)
- You will need a faculty advisor to approve and support the application.
- You must apply for whatever funding the summer school makes available and show evidence that you applied.
If you are interested in applying for this summer submit application form below. Please consult with your advisor before making any decisions.