Why attend Linguistics courses this summer?
- To fulfill your interest in the field of linguistics
- To help you graduate sooner
- To get a head start on General Education requirements
- To complete your prep. courses so you can take upper division Linguistics classes sooner
- To start working on your requirements for the Linguistics major(s)
- To take advantage of summer's smaller classes and relaxed atmosphere
- To change academic or geographic environment
- To see what it’s like to take a class at UCLA
What is linguistics?
Linguistics is the systematic study of human language in general. Linguists try to understand how languages are put together, how they are alike and how they differ from one another, how they change and how people learn and use them.
What courses are offered?
You can find out by visiting this page at the UCLA Registrar site:
We also offer a course in intensive American Sign Language:
How to enroll?
For more information (how to enroll, cost/fees, etc.), visit the Summer Sessions website:
Summer sessions office and email:
1147 Murphy Hall
Tel: (310) 794-8333