Margit Lia Bowler
+ Teaching, misc.
- To appear. Quantification in Warlpiri. In Handbook of Quantifiers in Natural Language Vol. 2, Denis Paperno & Edward Keenan (eds.) Springer Verlag.
- 2016, with John Gluckman. The anticausative alternation in Luragooli, in proceedings of ACAL 46. Here is a link to the appendix of Luragooli data associated with this paper.
- 2016, with John Gluckman. Expletive agreement, evidentiality, and modality in Logooli, in proceedings of SALT 26.
- 2016. The status of degrees in Warlpiri, in proceedings of AAA 2.
- 2015. 'Might be something': information protection in central Australia, in proceedings of CLS 51.
- 2014. Conjunction and disjunction in a language without 'and,' in proceedings of SALT 24. (This paper is based on my MA thesis; please contact me if you would like a copy of the full thesis.)
margitbowler at gmail dot com
UCLA Department of Linguistics
3125 Campbell Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
I'm a fifth-year PhD student in the UCLA linguistics department. I specialize in semantic fieldwork. I have done most of my work so far on Warlpiri (Pama-Nyungan), Llogooli/Luragooli (Bantu), and Tatar (Turkic).
- I co-taught Linguistic Field Methods (LING 160) with Travis Major in summer 2016. Here is a link to our class website.
- I also run the UCLA Semantics Tea. Here is a link to the Semantics Tea website.