UCLA Web Resources for Linguistics
UCLA Web Resources
Here are a series of helpful links for new, continuing, and prospective students:
- Although this site was mainly created for undergrads, there's plenty of helpful information for graduate students as well.
- This resource isn't just about on-campus matters, but about everything you need to know to survive here, like the location of the DMV, information about the local Gas Company, and the campus policy about dogs. Bookmark it now!
- If you have a UCLA ID number, you can set up an e-mail account online. Graduate students are also eligible for a Humnet e-mail account. Please visit the Linguistics department to request one.
- Information about on- and off-campus housing for those students who are single, married, and who have families.
- How to get to UCLA, and find your way around once you are on campus.
- The Ashe Center is an outstanding clinic geared to the special needs of students on the UCLA campus. UCLA students are the only clients. The clinical staff is comprised of doctors, nurses, and nurse practitioners.
- The OISS staff has professional and peer counselors to provide assistance and information on immigration, employment, government regulations, UCLA health (medical) insurance requirements, financial aid, academic and administrative procedures, cultural adjustment and personal matters.
- All sorts of money-related links.
- Many buses serve UCLA. It is also sometimes possible for students driving their own cars to park on campus, but only a limited amount of parking permits are available. UCLA's own Web page offers a guide to alternative transportation.
- There are computers available for students to use at the Humanties Computing Facility labs. You can also look up campus-wide computer lab information. The Linguistics department also has a computer lab in Campbell Hall for its graduate students to use.
Los Angeles Resources
J. Paul Getty Center
Libraries and Museums
Henry E. Huntington Library
Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Museum of Contemporary Art
Norton Simon Museum
Places to Go, Things to Do
Third Street Promenade/Santa Monica
Universal Studios/City Walk
Knott's Berry Farm
Last Updated: March 2, 2001
Back to Linguistics Graduate Program Page
Back to Linguistics Dept.