Undergraduate Research and Travel Awards
The Undergraduate Research and Travel Awards were established in 2017 with gifts to the UCLA Phonetics Lab from former undergraduates Cheng Cheng & Loke Tan, and Vernon Austel. They offer funding for undergraduate research and research/conference travel in the form of awards. Applications are jointly reviewed by the Phonetics Lab Director and the Director of Undergraduate Studies, and are accepted on a rolling basis through out the year.
To apply, please download and fill out the application form. Completed applications can be mailed to the Director of Undergraduate Studies (currently Jessica Rett, at email@example.com), or printed out and submitted to the UCLA Linguistics Front Office in 3125 Campbell Hall. Successful applications will include:
- a project title and description;
- a faculty sponsor and a supporting email from that faculty member;
- a proposed budget and brief justification for research and/or travel expenses.
Examples of fundable expenditures include:
- experimental subject compensation
- travel and expenses for on-site fieldwork
- conference travel and expenses to present your research
Please direct any questions about the awards or application to the Director of Undergraduate Studies.