Hi! I’m a fourth-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Linguistics at UCLA. I’m also a member of UCLA Language Acquisition Lab. Please see my CV for my research and teaching.
Research Interests: syntax, L1 acquisition, Mandarin Chinese
- I presented a poster on Adverbial Clitics in San Cristóbal Lachirioag Zapotec at the 2021 Annual Meeting of Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas (SSILA 2021) in January 2021.
- I’m advanced to doctoral candidacy (C.Phil.) in Spring 2020.
- A paper co-authored by me, Nina Hyams, and Victoria Mateu is to be published in the inaugural issue of Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics, entitled The Syntax and Acquisition of Mandarin Sluice-like Constructions.
- I filed my MA thesis and got a M.A. degree in linguistics (advisor: Nina Hyams) in Fall 2019.
- I gave a talk in the 14th Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition conference (GALA 14) on Sluicing in Child Mandarin: Effects of Lexical Ambiguity and a talk in the 44th Boston University Conference on Language Development (BUCLD 44) on Late Intervention Effects in Mandarin Sluice Acquisition (pdf). Both are joint work with Nina Hyams and Victoria Mateu.