Hi! I’m a fourth-year Ph.D. student in the Department of Linguistics at UCLA. I’m also a member of UCLA Language Acquisition Lab. Please see my CV for more research and teaching experiences.
Research Interests: syntax, first language acquisition
- I am to give a talk on Rethinking Raising vs. Control Analyses in Mandarin bei-Passives at the 33rd meeting of the North American Conference on Chinese Linguistics (NACCL-33)
- I presented a poster on Adverbial Clitics in San Cristóbal Lachirioag Zapotec at the 2021 Annual Meeting of Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas (SSILA 2021) in January 2021.
- A paper co-authored by me, Nina Hyams, and Victoria Mateu is to be published in the inaugural issue of Theoretical and Experimental Linguistics, entitled The Syntax and Acquisition of Mandarin Sluice-like Constructions.
- I filed my MA thesis (advisor: Nina Hyams) in Fall 2019 and got advanced to doctoral candidacy (C.Phil.) in the following quarter.
- I gave a talk in the 14th Generative Approaches to Language Acquisition conference (GALA 14) on Sluicing in Child Mandarin: Effects of Lexical Ambiguity and a talk in the 44th Boston University Conference on Language Development (BUCLD 44) on Late Intervention Effects in Mandarin Sluice Acquisition (pdf). Both are joint work with Nina Hyams and Victoria Mateu.