General Information for Students
Eligibility to participate:
To be eligible to participate, undergraduate students must have a declared degree expectancy term for Fall 2021 through Summer 2022 in one of our Linguistics majors or minors.
Fall 2022 undergraduate candidates interested in participating in 2022 commencement ceremonies must complete a Special Inclusion Petition with the College of Letters and Science. Please complete the petition on my.ucla.edu to participate in the 2022 Humanities commencement ceremonies. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that these requirements are met.
Students filing or who have filed their doctoral dissertation or MA thesis in Summer 2021 through Spring 2022 may participate.
You can find more information on the UCLA Doctoral Hooding Ceremony for 2021-2022 doctoral candidates on the UCLA Graduate Division website. We will have a department internal graduation celebration as well the day of the UCLA Doctoral Hooding; further information will be forthcoming.
Student Regalia Ordering (Both undergraduate and graduate students): Students must wear regalia to take part in the ceremony (this is your ticket into the ceremony when you check-in). Students should order regalia through Graduation Etc. It is recommended that a student order their regalia by the beginning of May 2022.
Both undergraduate and graduate students
- The ticketing window for students is scheduled for Friday, May 6, 2022 – Friday, May 20, 2022 at 11:59 PM via ucla.edu;
- Participating students are eligible for 4 free guest tickets. Additionally, students have the option to purchase up to 4 additional tickets at $20/each.
- Graduating students do not need a ticket for themselves, only their guests.
- After May 20, ticket orders are NOT guaranteed. After the deadline, ticket requests will not be available again until May 23.
- Tickets will be distributed to your email address (as indicated in MyUCLA) between Tuesday, May 24, 2022 through Thursday, June 9, 2022. It will be sent from the Central Ticket Office (email@example.com) and will contain a link for you to receive your tickets.
All graduating students and their guests attending 2022 Commencement ceremonies can purchase a parking permit online, anonymously, and in advance through the Bruin ePermit Event Parking portal, starting Monday, May 2.
The closest structures to Royce Hall are Parking Structures 5 and 4.
For full details and instructions on Commencement Parking, please visit the UCLA Transportation website: https://www.transportation.ucla.edu/campus-parking/commencement-parking.