With the implementation of online instruction last year, many more students are having difficulty keeping up with their classes, maintaining academic motivation, staying physically and emotionally healthy, or overcoming economic or housing challenges that they face alone or within their families as a result of the pandemic. You are not alone! We want to make sure you are aware that UCLA has myriad resources available to help you and put you in touch with them to obtain assistance!
See the list below for some highlights. Keep in mind that there are many more, so if you are looking for a particular resource and are unsure of whom to ask, email the Undergradute Student Affairs Officer. You may book long appointments if you anticipate a need for more time to discuss issues such as potential withdrawal from winter quarter, referral to Case Management Services, or other resources available to meet your needs.
Basic Needs, Mental Health, and Wellness
- UCLA Basic Needs website and resource guide— first and foremost, take care of your human self! Basic Needs encompasses everything from health to financial, housing, and food security. Their resource guide is comprehensive and updated regularly.
- Counseling and Psychological Services— now offering telehealth appointments for in-state students. Their resource page is full of helpful information and links!
- UCLA RISE Center— now offering virtual resilience, mental health, and mindfulness events.
- UCLA Wazo Connect–working to improve mental health in the UCLA community through peer-to-peer connections.
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching remote learning resources— make the most of those Zoom sessions!
- UCLA Library Remote Resources–access materials or set up a consultation with a librarian.
- Undergraduate Writing Center–virtual appointments now available.
- Undergraduate Research Center for the Humanities and Social Sciences–learn how to get involved with research remotely.
- Center for Accessible Education–accommodations and resources for students with disabilities.
Advising & Enrollment
- Dept. of Linguistics Undergraduate Advising— get in touch with an Undergraduate Student Affairs Officer about your major or minor.
- Central Advising Units– contact central advising about GE requirements, unit requirements, petitions, etc.
- Registrar’s term calendar— lookup add/drop deadlines, Winter enrollment periods, etc.
- Career Center–virtual advising available for career planning, internship/job searches, and grad school planning.
Support & Community
- UCLA Student Affairs Guidebook–resources to help UCLA students navigate their journey.
- UCLA Transfer Center–the hub of the transfer community.
- UCLA First-Year Experience–find support as you adjust and adapt to UCLA.
- Dashew Center for International Students–supporting the international community at UCLA.
- UCLA Students with Dependents–for parenting or caregiving students.
- LGBTQ Resource Center–now offering a queer-antine connections series.
- UCLA Undocumented Students Program–also serving students from mixed-status families.
- Bruin Guardian Scholars Program–serving current and former foster youth students.
- Bruin Underground Scholars program–serving students who identify as formerly incarcerated and/or system impacted.
- Office of Student Organizations, Leadership, & Engagement–search their database of >1000 student organizations at UCLA.
- My Student Support Program (My SSP)— 24/7 remote emotional health & wellbeing support for international students. Clinical professionals are here to help students cope with any challenges at no cost.