Undergraduate Research and Travel Awards
The Undergraduate Research and Travel Awards were established in 2017 with gifts to the UCLA Phonetics Lab from former undergraduates Cheng Cheng & Loke Tan, and Vernon Austel. They offer funding for undergraduate research and research/conference travel in the form of awards. Applications are jointly reviewed by the Phonetics Lab Director and the Director of Undergraduate Studies, and are accepted on a rolling basis through out the year.
To apply, please download and fill out the application form. Completed applications can be mailed to the Director of Undergraduate Studies (currently Sun-Ah Jun, at firstname.lastname@example.org), or printed out and submitted to the UCLA Linguistics Front Office in 3125 Campbell Hall. Successful applications will include:
- a project title and description;
- a faculty sponsor and a supporting email from that faculty member;
- a proposed budget and brief justification for research and/or travel expenses.
Examples of fundable expenditures include:
- experimental subject compensation
- travel and expenses for on-site fieldwork
- conference travel and expenses to present your research
Please direct any questions about the awards or application to the Director of Undergraduate Studies.