The 52nd meeting of the North East Linguistics Society (NELS 52) is this weekend. The program features many talks by UCLA linguists:
- Alum Byron Ahn (with Kirby Conrod and Ruth Schultz): How many selves for them?
- Alum Nikos Angelopoulos: Nominalization of clauses: the clausal prolepsis strategy
- Alum Isabelle Charnavel and Dominique Sportiche: Unifying intensifiers ourselves
- Alum Laura Kalin: On the (non-)transparency of infixes at a morpheme juncture: Bottoms up!
- Stefan Keine (with Will Oxford and Jessica Coon): Person restrictions depend on overt agreement, not nominal licensing
- Alum Richard Stockwell and Dominique Sportiche (with Aya Meltzer-Asscher): Experimental evidence for the Condition C argument-adjunct asymmetry in English questions
- Alum Richard Stockwell (with Matthew Tyler): Causative VP-omission in English